This rainbow foot soak is the perfect DIY gift idea for anyone who you know would appreciate a little self-care and an excuse to relax!
Rainbow Foot Soak
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, we are big fans of making bath salts, soaks, fizzies and bath bombs. There’s nothing like knowing that someone really enjoys relaxing in the tub and then gifting them with an excuse to do just that!
I mean, imagine coming home after a long day at work and having the perfect reason to climb into the tub and soak away your worries, maybe even break-out some rose and jasmine sugar scrub cubes or lemon sugar scrub cubes. See? That’s really what you’re giving. It’s the perfect DIY gift idea.
And, if I get a little excited and make extra rainbow foot soak and happen to keep some for myself, well, that’s not a crime! It’s smart. Let’s get started.
No Time to Make This Now? Pin it for Later
Pin this to your favorite DIY gift idea or self-care board on Pinterest and it’ll be here for when you’re ready.
Get Bath Bomb, Shower Fizzy, and Scrub Tutorials Delivered
Sign up for the Ruffles and Rain Boots free newsletter full of exclusives and freebies!
If you use gMail or Yahoo, please check the spam or "promotional" folders. Whitelist my email address or reply to the email to ensure delivery of all files. Happy Holidays! - Sarah
Tips to Make this Foot Soak Recipe
- To use the bath salts, just empty the contents into a bath of warm, running water and enjoy!
- Epsom salt helps with aches and sore muscles, while the essential oil (if you use lavender) can help relax, ease tension, help with headache, and even help promote healthy sleep.
- I loved having an Epsom salt bath after I had my daughter. If you know anyone who recently had a baby, this is definitely a DIY gift idea for them!
How Do I Make this Rainbow Foot Soak?
I’m so glad you asked. Below is our written tutorial. If you’re making a DIY gift idea playlist on YouTube, here is our rainbow foot soak video tutorial.
- 1 ½ cups of epsom salt
- 1 tablespoon of colorful sugar sprinkles
- 7-10 drops of essential oil of your choice (lavender is ideal)
- In a mixing bowl, mix the epsom salt and essential oils. Mix well until all of the ingredients are evenly distributed.
- You can now add the sugar sprinkles. Waiting will prevent them from being saturated with the essential oil which can cause the colors to leak.
- Pour the bath soak into an airtight jar or baggie. This will help keep it fresh and help preserve the oils in the mixture. The bath soak can be stored this way for several months and it will still stay fresh, just keep air out and store in a cool and dry place.
For more great DIY gift ideas, visit RufflesandRainBoots.com
Would you like inspiration delivered right to you each week? Sign up for the once-weekly Ruffles and Rain Boots newsletter and you’ll get that and more! Get access to the exclusive libraries full of free SVGs, hand lettering practice, and so much more.
More Like This DIY Gift Idea You Might Enjoy
- Lemon Sugar Scrub Cubes – I personally love having a lemon sugar scrub cube handy for any bath. Not only do they smell amazing, but they make my skin feel great!
- Rose and Jasmine Sugar Scrub Cubes – Speaking of smell-good sugar scrub…this is my absolute favorite (this week) because I can literally feel the stress melting away.
- Rainbow Bath Salts in a Test Tube – These bath salts make quite a gift! Kids will love how bright they are, and moms will love how wonderful they are on sore muscles. Win-win!
Please Save This to Pinterest
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Know a friend who’d like this? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite DIY gift ideas board on Pinterest.