If your kiddo has even the smallest desire to catch ’em all, this Pokemon Charmander Valentine box is the perfect Valentines mailbox to make together!
Pokemon Charmander Valentine Box
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, we are all about Valentines and spending time with the kiddo. Nothing says “I love you” more than spending time together. And when we can make something she’s super into? Well, that’s even better.
And one thing she’s definitely into is the catching of all the Pokemon–or making them all into Valentines mailboxes. If you’re ready to get making a Charmander Valentines box with your kiddo, let’s get started.
No Time to Make This Now? Pin it for Later
You’re busy, I get it. Pin this to your favorite easy crafts for kids board on Pinterest and it’ll be here for when you’re ready.
As an Amazon Associate, I can earn from qualifying purchases.
Tips to Make Pokemon Valentines Box
- First, click here to download the little neck scruff and eyes–all the details you need to give your Charmander life.
- I love this Pokemon craft for Valentines. But the thing is that, it’s more than just a craft. I love the activity of working together to have made this with my kiddo. So easy, but we had a great time! So, let the kiddo participate–heck, let them lead the project. You’ll both have a blast.
- Second, grab some nesting boxes you’ve got laying around from Christmas or click here to grab the cheapest (money-wise, they still look pretty sturdy) boxes I could find.
- Next, don’t overthink this. I know, I know, but this isn’t the Mona Lisa here, you’re just making a Pokemon Valentines mailbox. So, do your best to paint your box brown, or cover it with kraft paper, whatever is easiest for you, then paste on the decorations. You do not have to be a perfectionist.
- Cut a hole in the top somewhere. I didn’t get that far before I was so excited to snap pictures, but that’s kind of the point for a Valentines mailbox, right?! So, be sure to cut that hole in the top. I’m thinking 1-inch by 3-inches should be adequate.
How Do I Make This Pokemon Charmander Valentine Box
I’m so glad you asked. Below is our written tutorial.
- 1 (2 ½ inch) paper mache box with lid
- 1 (4 inch) paper mache box with lid
- Orange craft paint
- Paint brush
- Printable charmander parts
- Glue stick
- Black permanent marker or pen
- Take off the lids and paint the outside of each box and lid with your orange paint.
- Allow the boxes to dry completely.
- Print the Charmander detail pieces and cut them out.
- Glue the boxes together, one on top of the other.
- Glue the front and back of the tail together.
- Attach the printed details (ears, tail, eyes, arms and tummy) with glue to the boxes.
- Allow the glue to dry completely.
- Cut a hole in the top of the top box about 1-inch tall by 3-inches wide.
For more fun Valentine craft ideas, visit Ruffles and Rain Boots!
Would you like inspiration delivered right to you each week? Sign up for the once-weekly Ruffles and Rain Boots newsletter and you’ll get that and more! Get access to the exclusive libraries full of free SVGs, hand lettering practice, and so much more.
More Valentine Crafts You Might Like
- DIY Valentines Gnomes – Definitely not a kid’s craft, but it’s about the cutest thing you’ll see and definitely something you want to make!
- Harry Potter Printable Valentines – If your kiddo is into Pokemon, chances are, they’ll also love some Harry Potter, so make ’em smile with a set of wizarding Valentines!
- Pokemon Party Bags – If you’re not really digging the idea of a box, maybe a Valentine bag is more your speed? This easy free printable will certainly do the trick!
Please Save This to Pinterest
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Know a friend who’d like this? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite Valentine crafts board on Pinterest.