This monster floam is a fun, sensory gift and even comes with an adorable monster printable. Let’s make it – you’ll be done in just minutes!
There are affiliate links in this article which means, at no additional cost to you, we could receive compensation for our recommendations. You can read our full disclosure policy.
Sensory Play for Kids of All Ages: Good for the Soul
I have a theory.
The younger generations has adopted, obsessed over, and made million dollar businesses out of slime – that’s not disputable. But what is talked about is why they became so enamored with “a sensory toy.”
Sure, there’s the science. Of course, the materials are easily available. And they can most definitely experiment, allowing creative juices to flow. But…
I strongly believe the reason slime took off the way it did is because they craved the sensory play. Think about it: we stop playing with our hands. We stop sticking them into mud, sand, and any other concoction we come across as young kids. And we miss it!
Now, kids of all ages are back to sticking their hands in sensory play mediums like slime. And floam. Onto the monster floam…
Monster Floam Recipe Supplies
This is such a fun and easy sensory toy to put together, it really is. You likely have everything on hand!
- 3 cups shaving cream (not gel)
- 1 cup white school glue
- 3-4 tablespoons contact solution (must contain sodium borate)
- 2-3 drops of food coloring, soap colorant, or acrylic paint
- 1 cup small foam beads
- round monster label printable (get it below)
How To Make Monster Floam
If you (or the kids) are familiar with making slime, this monster floam recipe is no big deal. You’ll have a great floam recipe squishing between your fingers in just minutes.
- In a craft bowl, mix the shaving cream and glue together.
- Add in the contact solution and coloring and mix until incorporated.
- Stir in the foam balls until well-blended.
- Once the mass has formed, remove it from the bowl and knead it with your hands.
- Store your monster floam in an airtight container.
Monster Printable for Floam or Other DIY Halloween Gift
Does this cute little monster remind you of anyone?
If you’d love to make this fun monster floam into a gift, just use a small mason jar and this free printable monster label. In just minutes, you’re done with a fun sensory toy anyone would love to get.
Over to You
Do you know someone who would love to get this monster floam as a Halloween gift? DIY Halloween ideas are the best, aren’t they?
Please Share This on Facebook and Pinterest