If you or your child’s teachers are teaching about green living, why not make it an activity? This Earth Day printable scavenger hunt is a fun way to learn about sustainability and how to protect our environment.
This free scavenger hunt printable offers activities for a range of ages. You can easily adjust each action for each child’s abilities. If they can’t ride a bike yet, how about taking a nature walk instead? Or, let them carry the reusable shopping bags when you go to the grocery store.
RELATED READING: Free Camping Scavenger Hunt Printable (Many Ages)
What You'll Find On This Page
Scavenger Hunt with Free Printable
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, we love to make learning fun. I’ve made nature scavenger hunts for my little one since she was about 2 years old. Hunts just make things fun and get us outside, so I consider a win for both of us.
This easy scavenger hunt has pictures for the younger preschool children and words for the elementary-aged kids to read. Getting the grown-ups involved makes the scavenger hunt as fun for the kids as it is for the adults.
Gathering Ideas? Save or Share This Free Printable Scavenger Hunt
If you’re gathering ideas on ways to teach about Earth Day or green living, save this to your favorite activity pin board or share it on Facebook. Using the sharing buttons will make it easy when you are ready to start your free Earth Day activity.
As an Amazon Associate, I could earn from qualifying purchases. There may be affiliate links within this article.
Tips for A Successful Scavenger Hunt
- While searching for clues or performing activities outdoors, be sure to bring along snacks and drinks to keep the kids well-fed and hydrated.
- Bring along a fully charged phone. This will allow you to snap pictures and document each of your activities for a future chat (and memories).
- As you move through the outdoor scavenger hunt, ask the little ones questions to get their critical thinking skills fired up. This brings an extra level of learning to the hunt.
Download the Free Earth Day Scavenger Hunt Printable
To have an Earth Day scavenger hunt at your own home or school is to print out the FREE PRINTABLE HERE. Then you just check off each activity as you complete them. Easy peasy!
Notes for Hosting a Scavenger Hunt
- Map out where you will go and what activities you plan for the day. This is like making a map for your scavenger hunt. How fun is that?
- Consider offering a reward for completing a day or the entire scavenger hunt. This may encourage the more bashful kids to participate.
- To make sure everyone has plenty of energy to complete the tasks for the day, set a time or activity limit. This will keep everyone well-rested and ready for the next day!
More Scavenger Hunts You May Like
- Camping Scavenger Hunt: Before you head out to the campgrounds, print these camping scavenger hunt printables for preschool-age kids and older kids.
- Beach Scavenger Hunt: If you are planning a beach outing, don’t leave without these printables (preschool and older children included).
- Fall Scavenger Hunt Printable: Print off these two free Fall scavenger hunts and take the fall fun to the hayride, pumpkin patch, or even just the backyard!
Please Save or Share
Your shares are how this site grows and I sincerely appreciate it. Please save this fun family activity to your favorite scavenger hunt for the kid’s pin board or share it on Facebook.