This set of DIY Dumbo Mickey Mouse ears is very quick to make and won’t cost much at all! Grab some felt, a glue gun, and let’s get started!
DIY Dumbo Mickey Mouse Ears from Felt
Disney is releasing a live-action version of Dumbo and the Ruffles and Rain Boots house is stoked! I loved Dumbo when I was little and now I’m sharing the story with my daughter.
This quick set of Dumbo Mickey Mouse ears are made from felt and are so easy to make. I love the simple, hand-made look to these and friends, the kids can join in. See my tips below for getting them involved.
I’ve shared a few notes on how to make this fun Disney craft idea, so let’s get started.
No Time to Make This Now? Pin It for Later
When I craft from a tutorial, I like to sit in front of my computer and check that I’m following instructions as I go. If that’s you and you’re on mobile, pin this to come back to later.
Tips for Making Your Own DIY Mickey Ears
We’ve made many Mickey Mouse ears and have learned a bit along the way. Here are our biggest tips:
- This is the easiest type of DIY Mickey Mouse ears you can make.
- Be sure to get stiff felt – regular craft felt will fall.
- Use two layers for all elements, including that hat. Two layers of stiff felt glued together will keep everything standing up.
- Grab a craft stick and spread out the hot glue as you place it on the felt. Clumps can sometimes show through.
- Get the kids involved! They can trace and cut their very own Dumbo Mickey Mouse ears, though you will likely help with the glue.
How Do I Make Dumbo Mouse Ears?
I’m so glad you asked! :) This tutorial is an easy one and these Dumbo Mickey Mouse ears can be made in about 15 minutes. Just scroll down to get the step-by-step tutorial. If you’re creating a playlist on YouTube, however, click here to get add our Dumbo Mickey Mouse ears video tutorial.
- stiff gray felt
- stiff yellow felt
- red craft felt
- black feather
- 1/4 to 1/2-inch headband (any thin headband)
- glue gun and hot glue sticks
- scissors and pinking shears (optional)
- 4-5 inch circular item (we used a wide-mouth mason jar)
- Fold the gray felt in half and trace the circle onto it, leaving a 1/2-inch at the join.
- Using the stiff yellow felt positioned against your headband, use a pencil to draw a rounded triangle for the hat. You'll need two pieces and remember, you will need room for a 1-inch brim and a curved triangle as shown below.
- Cut a piece of red trim (we used pinking shears) for Dumbo's hat brim.
- Glue the two pieces of that hat together, leaving the bottom 1-inch unsecured. Fold up the brim and secure with hot glue.
- Attach the red felt decoration to the hat and trim to fit. Add the black feather into the brim and secure with glue.
- Lay down the ear and separate the pieces. Lay the headband into the join and fold up. Secure the ears with hot glue. Tip: spread the glue out with a craft stick to make sure no clumps of glue show through. Repeat with the other side.
- Attach the hat to the front (securing onto the ears, if needed) with hot glue. Your Dumbo Mickey Mouse ears are done!
For more Disney fun, visit Ruffles and Rain Boots .com
Want More Disney Mouse Ears and Crafts?
If you want to get notified when we create a new set of DIY Mickey Mouse ears or other fun Disney crafts, sign up to our once-weekly newsletter. No spam, no selling, just really fun crafts. :)
Please Save This to Pinterest
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Please share this with your fellow Disney fan friends on Facebook or save it to your favorite Disney board on Pinterest.