This set of DIY Dumbo Mickey Mouse ears is very quick to make and won’t cost much at all! Grab some felt, a glue gun, and let’s get started!
DIY Dumbo Mickey Mouse Ears from Felt
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, we are excited Disney is releasing a live-action version of Dumbo. I loved Dumbo when I was little and now I’m sharing the story with my daughter.
This quick set of Dumbo Mickey Mouse ears are made from felt and are so easy to make. I love the simple, hand-made look to these and am excited that the kids can join in. See my tips below for getting them involved.
I’ve shared a few notes on how to make this fun Disney craft idea, so let’s get started.
No Time to Make This Now? Save It for Later
When I craft from a tutorial, I like to sit in front of my computer and check that I’m following instructions as I go. If that’s you, save this to a pin board or share it into a Facebook group so you can find it later.
Tips for Making Your Own DIY Mickey Ears
I’ve made many Mickey Mouse ears and have learned a bit along the way. Here are my biggest tips:
- These is the easiest type of DIY Mickey Mouse ears you can make and are very inexpensive.
- Be sure to get stiff felt – regular craft felt will fall.
- Use two layers for all elements, including that hat. Two layers of stiff felt glued together will keep everything standing up.
- Grab a craft stick and spread out the hot glue as you place it on the felt. Clumps can sometimes show through.
- Get the kids involved! They can trace and cut their very own Dumbo Mickey Mouse ears, though you will likely help with the hot glue for safety.
How Do I Make Dumbo Mouse Ears?
I’m so glad you asked! :) This tutorial is an easy one and these Dumbo Mickey Mouse ears can be made in about 15 minutes.
Just scroll down to get the step-by-step tutorial. If you’re creating a playlist on YouTube or click here to get add our Dumbo Mickey Mouse ears video tutorial.
Want More Disney Mouse Ears and Crafts?
If you want to get notified when we create a new set of DIY Mickey Mouse ears or other fun Disney crafts, sign up to our once-weekly newsletter. No spam, no selling, just really fun crafts. :)
Please Save or Share This
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Please save this to a Disney pin board or share this with your fellow Disney fan friends in a fun and crafty Facebook group.