These carrot cupcakes for Easter are made with a carrot cake recipe and the cutest little topper. Let’s make this fun holiday recipe together.
Carrot Cupcakes for Easter
Here on Ruffles and Rain Boots, I love to share fun cupcake decorating ideas. Making festive cupcakes is kind of my jam. No matter what the holiday, I love to create and decorate. Easter is one of those times where they are just so many fun options.
These carrot cupcakes for Easter are no exception. Not only are they super simple to make, but they taste amazing. If you’re on the hunt for a fun cupcake decorating idea you can do with the kids, give these easy Easter treats a try. Let’s get started.
No Time to Make Our Carrot Cake Cupcakes? Pin for Later
Don’t stress. Just save this pin to your Easter board and come back to them when you’ve got time!
How to Make This Fun Easter Cupcake Idea
I assure you, this recipe is super simple and oh, so creamy. While the cupcakes are baking is the best time to roll out the fondant – remember to sprinkle a little powdered sugar or cornstarch down onto your work surface.
If you’re making an Easter desserts playlist on YouTube, here is our carrot cupcakes for Easter video tutorial.
- To make the carrot cupcake:
- ½ cup + 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Dash of salt
- ¾ cup shredded carrots
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- To make the buttercream:
- 2-3 tablespoons milk
- ½ cup softened unsalted butter
- 2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- To make the carrot topping:
- 3-4 ounces of orange fondant
- Green decorating frosting (and tip if needed to apply)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a muffin pan with paper liners.
- Whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg in a small bowl.
- With a mixer, combine eggs, oil, sugar and vanilla extract until combined. Slowly add the dry ingredients in batches. Once mixed, add in the shredded carrots.
- Fill muffin pan liners about 3/4 full. Bake 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of the cupcake comes out clean. Remove and let cool.
- Using a mixer, beat together milk, sugar and butter on medium speed. Then, increase speed to high so it becomes a bit thicker. When semi-stiff peaks form, it's ready.
- Transfer buttercream to a piping bag and frost the cupcakes.
- To make the carrot toppers, divide fondant into 8-10 1-inch spheres.
- Roll out each sphere to make them a little longer, about 2 inches in length and 1/2 inch think.
- Flatten one top of the fondant and add a point to the opposite end. Give it texture with a toothpick and add some lines.
- Place one on top of each cupcakes. Add frosting leaves.
For more fun cupcake recipes, visit Ruffles and Rain Boots .com
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 344 Total Fat: 18g Saturated Fat: 7g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 10g Cholesterol: 62mg Sodium: 109mg Carbohydrates: 45g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 40g Protein: 2g
More Easter Treats and Crafts
Want Inspiration Delivered?
Love this recipe and idea? We’ve got more! Sign up to get the Ruffles and Rain Boots weekly email! You’ll get access to two exclusive content libraries and get a no-selling, no-spam email full of creative inspiration.
Please Save this to Pinterest
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. A quick share to Facebook or a save to Pinterest really means so much – thank you.