These easy Valentine’s Day rice cereal treats put Rice Krispies to great use. And the best part is they are done in no time and gobbled up just as fast!
What You'll Find On This Page
Valentine’s Day Rice Cereal Treats
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, we’re breaking out all the pinks, reds, and heart-shaped anything we can find. Although it’s not for everyone, my little one loves this holiday.
She is in first grade and Valentine exchanges and classroom parties are still a thing. If you have a class party to cater, these Valentine’s Day rice cereal treats are sure to be a crowd-pleaser!
As an Amazon associate, I can earn from qualifying purchases. You can read our full disclosure policy.
Dipped Rice Krispies Treats Ingredients
We make quite a few Rice Krispies treats around here and this is such an easy Valentine’s Day dessert idea for kids. The best part is that they can actually join in on the creative fun! Below are a few things you need on hand to whip up a batch.
- Rice cereal treats (we used Rice Krispies brand premade for this one – ridiculously quick)
- candy melts (we used pink and red)
- straws (or lollipop sticks) and sprinkles (of course, we used on Valentine’s Day sprinkles)
- wax paper and a baking sheet (for easy-peasy cleanup)
You might also want to use a sandwich bag or a decorating bag for the candy (like we did). You can also just drizzle with a fork, too.
Tips for the Best Rice Krispies Treats (Gluten-Free)
We’ve made a gazillion batches of rice cereal treats (slight exaggeration) and here are a few tips to keep in mind.
- Rice Krispies treats in fun shapes will bring ALL the smiles. If you’re making these for a class party or as a party favor, be sure to pick up these clear bags and ties – makes it safe and easy.
- This is the first time we used premade Rice Krispies treats – did you know you can buy Rice Krispies treats in sheets?! Note: not gluten-free.
- Click here if you need a small batch gluten-free Rice Krispies treat recipe or a large-batch Rice Cereal Treats recipe. Track down gluten-free chocolate, however. And if you have someone with celiac disease, avoid candy melts as they are not parts-per-million tested.
Be Sure To Follow Along with Ruffles and Rain Boots
We love making crafts here at the ‘Boots and would love to share them with you. Sign up to receive our weekly newsletter and you’ll get access to the Hand Lettering Library, the Exclusive Library, and be kept up to date on all tasty treats!
You Might Also Like…
If you want to put this easy Rice Krispies treats to the test, here are a few more fun ideas. Everyone just loves munching on them, so save these to your favorite treats board on Pinterest.
- Minion Rice Krispies Treats – These rice cereal treats are in cute heart shapes!
- Iced Rice Krispies Treats – Easy? Yes. Fun? Yep. 100% customized for any occasion? Check.
- Notebook Paper Rice Krispies Treats – For Teacher Appreciation or 100 Days of School
- Football-Shaped Rice Krispies Treats – These are great for booster club fundraisers!
Please Save This to Pinterest
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful.