Meet some friends Elise just made: Frisky Fox and Patient Panda. And no, I did not come up with the names. That was all the 2 year old.
Patient Panda was made entirely out of heart shapes – a two-fer for a craft and some shape learning! Frisky Fox had a few more shapes, but both of them helped her work on developing those ever-important fine motor skills.
A Quick, Step-by-Step Heart Panda Video
All of our crafts have a purpose, and this one’s learning and development objectives were that it would allow us:
- an opportunity to talk about our shapes (hearts, triangles, circles)
- to expand our knowledge on each animal
- work on Elise’s fine motor skills by using the glue stick and placing the pieces
Fox Made From Hearts
Panda Made from Hearts
Fox Heart Craft
- cut out two small hearts for the ears and then two smaller hearts in white for the insides of the ears
- make a tiny heart for the nose (I just drew it on)
Over to You
How adorable is this? Do you have any crafts made from shapes we can try next? Please share this on Pinterest or Facebook to spread the love.