If you need a fast and fun boho chic tattoo Easter egg decorating idea, this one is going to win the prize for fastest, cutest and definitely funnest!
Boho Chic Tattoo Easter Egg
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, we love coming up with new and fun ways to use the supplies that roll around in the craft room. You never know what’s going to come out of an experiment and this – this adorable set of boho chic tattoo easter eggs is JUST the perfect “grown-up” Easter egg decorating idea.
Super easy to put together, this is a 5-minute Easter craft that I can’t wait to repeat year after year with the kiddo! If you’re ready to make a fast Easter egg decorating craft, let’s get started.
No Time to Make This Now? Pin it for Later
You’re busy, I get it. Pin this to your favorite egg decorating ideas board on Pinterest and it’ll be here when you’re ready.
As an Amazon Associate, I can earn from qualifying purchases.
Tips to Make This Egg Decorating Idea
- Start by grabbing the BEAUTIFUL metallic tattoos that are what makes this project come together so fast. These aren’t the exact ones I found (to be honest, they were in my craft stash and I can’t remember where I got mine initially, but the link above is close).
- Make sure you’ve boiled your eggs and allowed them to both cool completely AND that they’re completely dry. Not that it’s a HUGE problem for them to sweat, but it would be even better if you can work with your eggs at room temperature, that way you will have a dry surface without having to continually dry them.
- I recommend working with mostly white eggs, if you can, for this particular gold metallic style. If you use different, more colorful tattoos, you can probably get away with the brown eggs, but I found that the gold on the brown just didn’t stand out enough to warrant even repeating the task after the first egg.
How Do I Make this Boho Chic Tattoo Easter Egg?
I’m so glad you asked. Below is our written tutorial.
- 12 White hard boiled eggs
- 12 Metallic temporary tattoos
- Trim each tattoo to the size and shape desired for each egg.
- Place the tattoo face-down on a boiled egg and hold it in place while gently wetting it with the sponge for 1-2 minutes. If you move it, the tattoo may not look right, so you want to wait as long as you can and dampen the entire backing paper.
- Remove the backing paper from the temporary tattoo and set the egg aside to dry completely.
- Repeat making 11 more tattooed eggs, then hide them and enjoy!
For more fun Easter egg decorating ideas, visit Ruffles and Rain Boots!
More Easter Egg Decorating Ideas You Might Like
- Easy Pokemon Eggs – One of the most fun ways to decorate Easter eggs that the kids, boys and girls alike, will love – gotta catch ’em all!
- Insanely Adorable Woodland Animal Eggs – They’re so cute, I just want to snatch them all up myself, but I’ll refrain this year. Maybe.
- Cute and Fun Chick Egg Decorating Idea – The kids are going to LOVE making these adorable and easy little chicks from their eggs.
Please Save This to Pinterest
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Know a friend who’d like this? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite egg decorating ideas board on Pinterest.