A fun Christmas movie inspired me to make this snowflake shower fizzy recipe and I couldn’t be happier with how they turned out. Let’s make this easy DIY bath bomb recipe.
Snowflake Shower Fizzy
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, we make all our own bath stuffs like DIY bath bombs and shower fizzies. But, we really love gifting these to our friends and family. It’s like gifting a few minutes of peaceful relaxation–and it was kind of relaxing for me to make, too!
One of my favorite DIY gift ideas I made recently is this amazing snowflake shower fizzy. So simple, but super cute and fun! It really is the perfect DIY gift. Let’s get started.
No Time to Make This Now? Pin it for Later
You’re busy, I get it. Pin this to your favorite shower fizzy recipe ideas board on Pinterest and it’ll be here for when you’re ready.
Tips to Make Snowflake Shower Bombs
- Shower fizzies are different than bath bombs in that they don’t need to be directly submerged in water. Place a snowflake shower fizzy or two on the shower floor away from your feet (or on an inside shower ledge). The invigorating aroma will fill your shower!
- To store these awesome snowflake shower bombs, keep them in an airtight container until you’re ready to use them. You can also shrink-wrap them (which is great for gifting). To do this just grab some cello bags (I use at least 4×6 inch), a hairdryer or heat gun, and heat the bomb while wrapped in the plastic. Press down to make sure it’s a tight seal all around. Simple?! Yup.
How Do I Make this Snowflake DIY SHower Bomb?
I’m so glad you asked. Below is our written tutorial. If you have any questions, please let me know in the comments below.
- 1 1/2 cups cornstarch, divided
- 20-30 drops peppermint essential oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons witch hazel, divided
- 4-6 tablespoons water, divided
- blue soap colorant (optional)
- Snowflake silicone mold
- Pour half of the cornstarch (3/4 cup) into a metal or glass mixing bowl. Add 20 drops of peppermint essential oil and 2 Tablespoons of water and stir.
- Add 1 tablespoon of witch hazel. I like to use mine in a small spritzer bottle. It's not required- I just think it gets distributed better that way). Stir again.
- Pick some of the mixture up in your hand and squeeze it. If it holds its shape, it is ready to transfer to the mold. If not, add an additional tablespoon of water and stir.
- Once your mixture passes the "squeeze test," transfer to the snowflake molds, pressing down firmly to pack the mixture into each mold.
- To make blue snowflake shower steamers, add 4-5 drops of blue soap colorant (more if you want a darker blue color) to a bowl with 2 tablespoons of water. Add the colored water to the remaining cornstarch and mix. Add 20 drops of peppermint essential oil and stir well.
- Add 1 tablespoon of witch hazel. Test the mixture to see if it clumps in your hand after squeezing it. If so, transfer the mix to the silicone molds. If not, add an additional tablespoon of water and stir. Repeat the "squeeze test." If it stays together after squeezing the mixture, you are ready for the snowflake molds. If not, add an additional tablespoon of water.
- Firmly pack the mixture into each mold and freeze for one hour.
- Gently pop out each snowflake shower steamer from its silicone mold and allow to air dry overnight. Store in an airtight container.
- HOW TO USE: Place 1-2 snowflake steamers in the corner of your shower, away from the main stream of water. The steam from the shower will help activate the steamer and release the uplifting and energizing aroma of peppermint!
Would you like inspiration delivered right to you each week? Sign up for the once-weekly Ruffles and Rain Boots newsletter and you’ll get that and more! Get access to the exclusive libraries full of free SVGs, hand lettering practice, and so much more.
More Shower Fizzy Recipe Ideas You Might Like
- Ultimate No-Fail Bath Bomb and Shower Fizzies – Because you can never really have too many bath bombs or shower fizzies, this is the go-to place for all the info you need to make the best DIY gift ideas.
- Candy Cane Shower Fizzies – For the holidays, there’s no better stocking stuffer or Secret Santa gift than the one that’s homemade and demands “relaxation”.
- Christmas Bath Bombs – I can’t stress enough how much I love these bath bombs as gifts–give them all to me, and I will give you others. Best gifts ever.
Please Save This to Pinterest
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Know a friend who’d like this? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite shower fizzy recipe ideas board on Pinterest.