Make these fun fall tree cupcakes for a class or harvest party. Click through to see how easy these Autumn treats are to make!
Fall Tree Cupcakes – Simple and Fun Fall Cupcakes
We love to make simple and fun food here on Ruffles and Rain Boots. These easy Fall tree cupcakes are just the thing for a Harvest Party celebration, a class birthday during Autumn, or just because you want to make something pretty.
Ingredients for Our Fun Harvest Cupcakes
I know you’re busy, so if you want to start with a boxed cupcake mix you go right on ahead! This fun Fall cupcake decoration works with either homemade cupcakes or help-made cupcakes. ;)
This recipe yields 12 cupcakes.
- your favorite cupcake recipe (or box mix + ingredients)
- 10 ounces Wilton chocolate candy melts
- chocolate and vanilla frosting (homemade or store-bought)
- Fall leaf sprinkles/decorations
- small sandwich bag or decorating bag
- parchment paper
- cupcake liners in Fall patterns or colors
- toothpicks, optional
How to: Chocolate Trees, a Fall Cupcake Decorating Idea
- Microwave the candy melts per the package instructions and place into a decorating or small plastic bag. Snip off the corner of the bag and squeeze the chocolate onto the parchment paper forming the outline of a tree with small branches. Be sure not to make the trees much taller than 2 inches otherwise they might topple over on the cupcakes. Also, take note to make the tree trunks thick so they’re sturdy.
- Once the tree has been piped, sprinkle Fall leaves onto the chocolate (while still wet). Make between 20-24 trees (a couple will break during assembly). Allow the trees to set (~30 minutes). You can put them in the refrigerator for 15 minutes to cool faster.
How to Make Autumn Cupcakes
- Bake and cool the cupcakes completely. While they are baking, line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Generously frost cupcakes and insert a decoration into each of the Fall tree cupcakes. You can sprinkle a few more leaves in the frosting. Repeat for all cupcakes.
Get Creativity Delivered Every Week
If you want to join the fun here on Ruffles and Rain Boots, sign up for the once-weekly newsletter. I’ll share freebies and anything new and you’ll be the first to get them all.
Please Share This on Pinterest or Facebook
Your shares are how we grow and we are sincerely grateful.