I’m Sarah. Let’s be friends and drink wine together while we talk in horribly fake accents and cover everything in glitter! Did I mention there will be wine?
Here’s a bit about me:
- Sarcasm and laughter are my love languages. I still have my Texas twang and it makes me smile when it pops out unexpectedly.
- I love popcorn – a Nicholas Sparks meets Shakespeare kind of love, ya’ll – beautiful and tragic.
- I am a creative gal – I get a new hobby every year to help keep me focused.
- I curl my eyelashes even though I don’t wear make up everyday. My pretend-loves are Sherlock, Dr. Who, and action movies.
- I compartmentalize as easily as I breathe, so when others cry, I don’t. I’ll hold your hand while you have a good ugly cry, though – it’s my superpower.
We call Seattle our home now, but I’ve lived all over the country working for large, multi-national organizations. Currently, I’m working from the house and share a life with:
- Jeff, the husband extraordinaire,
- Elise, the 3 year old who might be the only kid in the world who loves to eat her vegetables (and sneak marshmallow building supplies), and
- Java, the world’s oldest and sweetest miniature Dachshund. Just picture a used-to-be-black-but-is-now-mostly-gray miniature weenie dog sleeping. He sleeps A LOT.
Why you should hang out with us here and subscribe to our weekly newsletter:
- We serve up tutorials for fun, easy crafts with a side of sarcasm.
- I love sharing things from around the web that inspire me or work me up into a creative frenzy.
- You can be inspired, have a chuckle, and leave knowing I won’t stop by unannounced. I was raised in the South, we give ya’ notice.
Some of my favorite things we’ve shared here on Ruffles and Rain Boots are:
Tutorial for a simple envelope style throw pillow cover.