This is not so much a post, a craft or a musing. This is a question – how do you keep a toddler entertained for the Super Bowl?
We are heading over to my sister’s for some great company, great food, great commercials, and maybe a little great football too. Ha!
Due to some prompting from the hubsters, I am trying to put together some fun activities and I’m open to any and all suggestions.
We are using the Super Bowl as an excuse to get in some quality time with my sister, her husband and their only child thus far: Deacon, a French bulldog.
I made this little necklace while Elise was coloring dinosaurs, Hello Kitty, and Seahawks stuff. Yep, all at once – she couldn’t decide which one she wanted to work on, so she put them all down and would move between each.
The supplies were all on hand, so this was quick and easy to put together for the upcoming festivities. I used:
- brown and blue felt (blue for the Hawks)
- a football template (printed off a Google image search)
- white and brown embroidery floss / thread
- a fuzzy blue ribbon I’ve had since 2005 (I don’t have a great memory or anything – the receipt from Michael’s craft store was with it).
- a small amount of poly fill stuffing
- scissors, a darning needle, and a piece of chalk to trace the football onto the felt. I actually forgot this step, so the chalk is totally not required. :)
Then use it to cut a larger piece of blue felt as the surround and backing.
Attach the football to the blue backing by using any means necessary… I do not know how to sew, so I’m sure there is a better way to do it than I did. If you know of one, please let me know in the comments section Thanks!
Oh and just a side note coupled with a realization of why real sewers use pins: make sure the football doesn’t move like mine did! It’s not too noticeable (she’s 2 years old, after all), but it bothers me a little on account of my touch of OCD (obsessive crafting disorder).