Do you ever come across recipes and think it should be in your belly RIGHT NOW? I’m sharing a wonderful recipe for strawberry banana bread that will knock your strawberry socks off, and not just because it’s waistline-friendly!
What You'll Find On This Page
Skinny Strawberry Banana Bread Recipe
This strawberry banana bread is definitely one for the recipe box. I altered a recipe because although I like coconut, I didn’t want all the extra calories it brings.
I have no idea where I found her, but Monique with Ambitious Kitchen has one of the best food sites. A while back, she shared a recipe for a strawberry, coconut, chia seed banana bread.
Quite a mouthful, eh?
But boy, it’s one tasty mouthful and it’s a waistline-friendly one, too, with a few changes.
Ingredients for This Quick Bread
- 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup ripe mashed banana (about 2-3 bananas)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted and cooled
- 1/3 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened almond, cashew, coconut, or skim milk
- 1 cup diced organic ripe strawberries
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 2-4 strawberries, sliced for topping
- unsweetened shaved coconut, for topping
How to Make Strawberry Banana Bread That Will WOW!!
Kids in the Kitchen
Having kids measure out the dry ingredients helps, but they’re going to be more interested in mashing the strawberries and bananas. So get your kids in the kitchen with you and whip up this tasty bread!
Served warm, with a small pat of butter and a warm cup of tea makes this strawberry banana bread a divine quick bread to have when company comes over. Or, you know, just for when you’re setting up a tea party with your three-year-old.
Please Share This on Facebook or Pinterest