When the sun is high and the weather is nice–I want to garden. But the kids want to help. So, we made these DIY seed bombs so that they can play/help all day!
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, we are all about keeping the kidoo busy–oh, yeah and planting things in our backyard. Which, before these seed bombs, were kind of mutually exclusive things. But now?! Oh my word!
The kiddo not only LOVED helping to make this seed bomb recipe, but loved planting the DIY seed bombs–anywhere, anytime. Let’s get started.
No Time to Make This Now? Pin it for Later
You’re busy, I get it. Pin this to your favorite DIY seed bombs board on Pinterest and it’ll be here for when you’re ready.
Tips to Make Seed Bomb Recipe
- Be sure to print your Free Printable Tag here! Without that, it’s just a big ball of “what in the world is this?” until the seed bombs are planted…LOL!
- These make WONDERFUL gifts for birthdays or favors for the kids attending your kid’s party. They’re simple enough to make that your kiddo can help–and then they can explain to their friends how fun they are to plant!
- Absolutely let the kids plant these everywhere. You can take them to the park and plant them in the woods, by your local pond, or in your own backyard. Let the kids take the lead.
How Do I Make these Seed Bombs?
I’m so glad you asked. Below is our written tutorial. If you’re making a DIY seed bomb playlist on YouTube, here is our seed bomb recipe video tutorial.
Would you like inspiration delivered right to you each week? Sign up for the once-weekly Ruffles and Rain Boots newsletter and you’ll get that and more! Get access to the exclusive libraries full of free SVGs, hand lettering practice, and so much more.
More Boredom Buster Ideas for Kids You Might Like
- Summer “I’m Bored” Jar – Need ideas to keep the kids from going stir-crazy? Don’t worry, we’re with you on that.
- Mermaid Sugar Scrub – If your kids are anything like mine, they would delight in making, then using this mermaid sugar scrub for “summer legs”.
- Summer Slide Punch Cards – Afraid the kids might be hit with that horrid summer slide and forget all the wonderful stuff they learned at school? Get our free printable summer slide punch cards and have a reward for the kiddos that complete all the fun (educational) activities!
Please Save This to Pinterest
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Know a friend who’d like this? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite DIY seed bombs board on Pinterest.