I got tired of the boxed muffin recipes and figured out how to make my own no-fail muffins. Need a seriously good vanilla muffin recipe that you can rely on? This is it.
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, we love breakfast. It’s the best meal of the day. And so is brunch. I mean, I could just have those two meals sometimes and not eat the rest of the day and be just fine. Who’s kidding–I’ve totally done that. So, of course, I make muffins pretty frequently and I just got so bored with the options. There’s blueberry and then–blueberry. Ugh, that’s tiring.
So, I decided to make the logical leap and come up with my own recipe. I mean, why not, right?!
And I came up with the most soft and moist crumb that’s just perfect for breakfast. If you’re ready to make a breakfast muffin you’ll love, let’s get started.
No Time to Make This Now? Pin it for Later
You’re busy, I get it. Pin this to your favorite breakfast recipes board on Pinterest and it’ll be here for when you’re ready.
As an Amazon Associate, I can earn from qualifying purchases.
Tips to Make easy Breakfast Muffins
- Muffins are just the bulkier older brother of the more delicate cupcake….just kidding, they’re just the breakfast cupcake that doesn’t convey icing. Which I’m ok with. But, that means you make your muffins like you would a cupcake. So, here’s my favorite advice:
- Start with Cake Flour – To get an effort-free high-rise muffin, the simplest way is to plan on using cake flour. If you don’t keep cake flour in your pantry though, you can always make cake flour using a bit of cornstarch. Or…
- The Trick with All-Purpose Flour – If you’re just not into the whole cake flour thing (I totally understand), it’s totally ok to just use regular all-purpose flour. Although the result will not be the exact same as using cake flour, you can still get a tall muffin by filling each muffin liner with about 1/4 cup of batter (or 2/3 full as opposed to 1/2 full as you would with muffins made with cake flour).
- What to do if you have ugly muffins? Drizzle some chocolate over the top or fill a collapsed middle with some jelly or fresh fruit. Get creative. Don’t give up if your muffins come out of the oven ugly.
How Do I Make this Vanilla Muffin Recipe?
I’m so glad you asked. Below is our written tutorial.
More Easy Breakfast Recipes You Might Like
- Flag Donuts – I love these donuts so much. You can get your patriotic fun on while also enjoying a tasty breakfast treat!
- Unicorn Toast – Toast. Unicorns. And sprinkles. What more do you need to know to have a fun and tasty breakfast?!
- Pikachu Pancakes – I can’t tell you how fun it is to make these Pikachu pancakes with the kiddo–they’re silly and seriously yum.
Please Save This to Pinterest
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Know a friend who’d like this? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite easy breakfast recipes board on Pinterest.