I absolutely love these simple but beautiful Mickey and Minnie ornaments. They’re so simple to put together but they make such a pretty Christmas tree decoration!
Mickey and Minnie Wreaths Ornaments
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, we have a love for both Disney and Christmas. Everything from The Lion King to Toy Story and all the Disney Princesses, everyone in the house supports it. Sometimes those loves slam together in this amazingly chaotic way that results in something awesome. This time, it was these easy and elegant Disney ornaments.
They’re such cute grapevine wreath ornaments that come together in a flash. If you’re ready to make some DIY Disney ornaments for your Christmas tree, let’s get started.
No Time to Make This Now? Pin it for Later
You’re busy, I get it. Pin this to your favorite Christmas ornament ideas board on Pinterest and it’ll be here for when you’re ready.
Tips to Make a Tiny Grapevine wreath ornament
- Pull the floral wire tight (very tight). Any slack in the wire will result in a droopy ear…
- I decided to tie a string onto one ear to hang these Mickey and Minnie ornaments from my Christmas tree and have them dangle kind of diagonally. But you could put a hanger in the middle of the ears or one on each ear. Whatever works best for you.
- If you’re going to make these for your Disney cruise door hangers, AWESOME, but also, be sure to add a magnet (for the door) or take some extra string to go over the door handle.
How to make a mickey mouse ornament
I’m so glad you asked. Below is our written tutorial to make a Mickey ornament (or how to make a Minnie mouse ornament, you know, because she deserves to be loved too).
- Thread one end of a piece of floral wire through the center of one 6-inch wreath. Thread the other end through the center of one 3-inch wreath. Pull the wire tight.
- Thread each end through the wreaths a second time to secure the two pieces together. Pull the wire tight and twist the ends together to secure. Cut off excess wire.
- Repeat the process on the other side to add a second ear.
- To make a Minnie Mouse wreath, complete steps 1 through 3 again. Then, make a bow with a piece of red polka dot ribbon. Attach the bow to the top of the larger wreath (between the two ears) with a drop of hot glue.
For more Disney ornament tutorials, visit Ruffles and Rain Boots.
Would you like inspiration delivered right to you each week? Sign up for the once-weekly Ruffles and Rain Boots newsletter and you’ll get that and more! Get access to the exclusive libraries full of free SVGs, hand lettering practice, and so much more.
More Disney Ornaments You Might Like
- Easy Belle and Beast Ornaments – The ultimate romantic couple from the best of the Disney stories.
- Bambi Ornament – Ok. So, it’s not REALLY Bambi, but it’s pretty darn close and quite adorable.
- Gnome Ornaments – If you need some 7 Dwarves ornaments, these are perfect starts!
Please Save This to Pinterest
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Know a friend who’d like this? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite Disney Christmas board on Pinterest.