These embroidery hoop snowman decorations are going to be one of your latest winter craft projects (and obsessions). Not only are they fun to make but they’re quite stunning displayed in a bookcase, on a tray, or hanging on the wall. You can find everything you need in your craft room, at thrift stores, and even at dollar stores.
Snowman Embroidery Hoops
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, I can’t get enough snowmen in my decor. Snowman crafts are fun to make, easy to set up, and they’re able to sit out for a few months of time because they pair well with both holiday and winter decor. To me, that’s a win all around.
Putting out the decorations and leaving them out for a while is what I (I’m a lazy decorator). But this winter craft idea isn’t only for decor – the smaller ones can be tied onto packages or used as ornaments and gift tags. Let’s get started.
No Time to Make This Now? Save or Share This
If you’re scrolling on your phone and wanting to come back to this later, all you have to do is share to a winter craft pin board or to your favorite craft group on Facebook. It’s an easy way to remind yourself to come back when you have more time.
As an Amazon Associate, I can earn from qualifying purchases. There could be affiliate links within this article.
If you like snowmen crafts, be sure to check out my wood slice snowman ornament for another fun activity.
Tips For Making These Adorable Lace Snowman
This craft is so much easier than it looks – the cotton lace doilies do the majority of the heavy lifting. Here are some simple tips to keep in mind for this fun winter craft:
- If you use pre-made lace doilies (mine are cotton), it looks like embroidery. The best part is that you don’t have to actually embroider anything to get the look.
- The dollar stores often have paper doilies and if you have some on hand, try them here. You might have to use a thin, light coating of craft glue to get two of them to stick together before placing it in the hoop.
- If you are using the cotton doilies as I am for this embroidery hoop snowman craft, be sure to stretch the lace tightly inside the hoop. Don’t pull just one side or the shape will get distorted, just make sure the entire thing is taut over the hoops.
- No doilies around? No problem. Use fabric (any color or pattern in whites or creams) for this craft, just like I did with this easy embroidery hoop wreath.
Note: this craft uses a hot glue gun, so I wouldn’t classify it as a winter craft for kids. That said, if you use a lo-temp one and supervise, kids as young as 7 could complete this adorable snowman craft.
Ideas to Display or Gift This Snowman Craft
Since this snowman can be any size you want (depending on the hoops and doilies you have), putting it on display for winter is pretty easy. Here are a few ways to show these off or gift them to friends and family.
- Hang these on a tree. Because these are so easy, you can make quite a few and use them as snowman ornaments (or gift them).
- Prop it on a tiered tray. This little guy is on my dining room tiered tray right now propped up against a tiny clay pot with lamb’s ear tucked inside.
- Use as a package tag or gift wrap element. I found some pretty small embroidery hoops and it’s adorable when strung onto the ribbons of a gift.
- Make them larger. By using larger doilies [this is a great set with varying sizes and designs I love] and larger embroidery hoops (8 and 10 inch), this becomes a wall hanging with the details still very visible.
More Snowman Crafts and Ideas
- Dollar Tree Snowman Hat Ornaments – These snowman ornaments are adorable and deserve a place on your tree.
- Awesome Snowman Cupcakes – It’s always cupcake time and these easy snowman are crowd pleasers.
- Cork Snowman Craft – You can opt to paint this cute farmhouse snowman or you can leave it rustic. Either way, it’s easy and a fun afternoon craft.
- Stacked Snowman Using Embroidery Hoops – I love this idea from my eclectic treasures – it’s so simple and can be adapted for any decor.
Please Save or Share
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely thankful. Please save this lace embroidery hoop snowman to a winter craft pin board or to a fun and crafty group on Facebook.