Make this quick and easy DIY dreamcatcher necklace in just minutes. It’s easy to shape, uses basic craft supplies, and looks gorgeous in person! Let’s get started making some DIY jewelry!
There are affiliate links in this article which means, at no additional cost to you, we could receive compensation for our recommendations. You can read our full disclosure policy.
DIY Dreamcatcher Necklace
We’re no stranger to making our own easy gift DIYs here at Ruffles and Rain Boots. With all the love we’ve been showing dreamcatchers in our house lately, it was only a matter of time before we started wearing them!
This DIY dreamcatcher necklace is on-trend, fun, and can be customized to anything theme or colors you’d like.
RELATED READING: Make This All-Natural “Unicorn” Milkshake – So Good!
How to Make a Dreamcatcher Necklace (Video Instruction)
Dreamcatcher Necklace Supplies (Gold, Copper, or Silver)
We used copper wire for this craft, but gold, silver, or holographic wire would look great, too. Depending on your theme and colors, your design options are endless.
- jewelry wire (18 gauge and 24 gauge)
- wire cutters and needle-nosed or flat-nose pliers (for cutting and looping)
- craft feathers
- colored wooden, metal, or plastic beads
- craft glue or super glue
- optional: charms
Instructions for an Easy Dreamcatcher DIY
This is a fun DIY jewelry craft that doesn’t take much time at all. We chose to use craft feathers, but if you’re opting for charms, this DIY is a LOT easier and faster. If you using purchased jewelry feathers with jump rings, skip to step number 2.
- Cut 1.5 inches of 24 gauge wire. Insert about 1/3 of an inch of the wire into the end of the feather (can use a dab of glue here to secure it). Use the pliers to form a loop at the top of the feather and wrap the remaining wire around the quill. Repeat for all feathers.
- Use the18 gauge wire and create a small loop (you’ve just created a pendant loop). Form a loop in the wire (with the small loop in the top center). Cut off the wire (between 4 and 6 inches).
- Thread the beads, feathers, and any charms onto the wire.
- Using the rest of the wire, create a series of loops to form a spiral pattern on the dreamcatcher pendant. Once the twirl pattern reaches the attachment loop you created in step 2 (at the top of the pendant), use a small cut of the 24 gauge wire to affix the 18 gauge wire. This will keep the pendant secure.
Your DIY dreamcatcher pendant is done! Affix a jump ring to the pendant and string it on a chain, a string of leather, or ribbon.
Dreamcatcher Necklace Inspiration
- This dainty dreamcatcher necklace might be my favorite!!
- And just like that, I fell in love with the rosé version of this charming dreamcatcher.
- The stones steal the show in this gemstone dreamcatcher (LOVE the satellite chain).
Please Share This Dreamcatcher Necklace
This is such a fun DIY craft idea, isn’t it?! We loved how easy it was and really think it would make a great sleepover craft idea for teens (or a wine night craft for moms…).