Make Chocolate Mousse Cupcakes for a Decadent Treat!
I live for those few mintues I can make cupcakes and this week’s decadent chocolate mousse cupcakes just made life a little brighter!
Chocolate Mousse Cupcakes
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, we sometimes need a break. For me, that can mean taking a bath, going for a walk, or baking some decadent and ridiculously tasty cupcakes. This week meant making these awesomely fun chocolate mousse cupcakes.
RELATED READING: EASY CUPCAKE RECIPES FOR KIDS
They taste like an amazing combination of some of my favorite flavors: chocolate, icing, and cake. If you’re ready to make a batch of chocolate ganache cupcakes, let’s get started.
No Time to Make This Now? Pin it for Later
You’re busy, I get it. Pin this to your favorite easy dessert recipes board on Pinterest and it’ll be here for when you’re ready.
As an Amazon Associate, I can earn from qualifying purchases.
Tips to Make Easy Chocolate Ganache Cupcakes
- If you want to make a teeny tiny batch of just 2 cupcakes for a treat-for-two (or a double treat for one) you can use this awesome recipe for small-batch cupcakes here and just modify it to have a little chocolate.
- Start with your favorite chocolate cupcakes. I always break out my recipe for Lazy Girl Cupcakes because not only is it a no-fail cupcake recipe, but it’s super consistent. Plus, it calls for pretty standard ingredients, nothing weird I may not have on hand.
- Take my advice and never ice your cupcakes without waiting for the cupcakes to completely cool, not just to the touch, but all the way. Frosting and even slightly warmish cupcakes is a recipe for mess.
- Let’s talk about the magical mix of mousse, ganache and buttercream frosting. Sure, you can make a cream cheese frosting, but that’s going to downplay all that rich chocolate flavor. So, go your own way, if you want, but me it will be buttercream.
How to Make Chocolate Mousse Cupcakes
Below is our written and printable tutorial for this fun cupcake decorating idea. Use the comments section below if you have any questions.
More Easy Cupcake Decorating Ideas You Might Like
- Tiramisu Cupcakes - Still one of my top ten cupcakes of all time, this recipe is so easy, but makes for an amazing treat.
- Strawberry Shortcake Cupcakes - You're not going to find me turning down a big, plump strawberry on a cupcake. That would be cupcake abuse and I don't put up with that negativity in my life.
- Cappuccino Cupcakes - Speaking of decadent and wonderful cupcakes, this easy recipe is where it's at with the rich deep flavors and all that sweet swirl.
Please Save This to Pinterest
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Know a friend who’d like this? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite easy cupcake decorating ideas board on Pinterest.