We love books around here, and it seems we have a lot that could use a tree as a prop for our book activities. Books like Chicka Chicka ABC, books about the beach and sea life, pirate books… The list could go on and on.
I had some stuff lying around and wanted to make one but… I was sick with the flu, so my normal desire for crafting was a bit – um – lacking, let’s say.
Being sick, the requirements for my tree were:
- Elise crafts a lot of it and
- she can use it the same day for multiple activities.
- a toddler :)
- green construction paper (we used two shades)
- brown construction paper
- crayons (we used different shades of greens)
- a crafting cone (we used one of these inexpensive Cones), but you can pick one up at any craft store or even the Dollar Store; partner release here
- scotch tape
- rubber bands (optional)
- pipe cleaners (if you want ‘bendy’ leaves like Elise did); we used 3 for 6 leaves
Instructions are below, pictures to help are included.
You could also just cut out more leaves and glue them together, but, if you recall, I am sick so my brain is kind of fuzzy. Find your happy place with the method!
Let me know what you think of our little tree in the comments section. We’d love to hear from you!